Monday, December 26, 2011

Introduction

So, I had another blog and cannot remember the email or the password to log into it. Honestly. So, I think I will just make a new one. Here it is.

Long story short-ish. I got sober 2 1/2 years ago and immediately met a "sober member" of Alcoholics Anonymous. He then decided to steal from me and cheat on me. (Only I didn't know about a lot of this.) I also went back out with him a couple times. May 30 I finally got sober for GOOD and he didn't. He continued stealing from me and, entirely likely, cheating on me.

I got pregnant in early October and found out in November, after I had gotten tired of his bullshit. I was a junior in college and enough of an idiot to think that he would change for the baby, when he had two other children he hadn't bothered getting sober OR changing for. So, I got back together with him and moved in with him. Real smart. He kept using and telling me was sober and not acting like it at all.

I knew it, but I thought I needed him to get through college with a baby. Then, in May, he got fired for being a liar and padding his hours. So then, he decided to work for this lady and told me that he was not making much money, but he made about $975 from her for supplies and decided to spend it on drugs. (He even had drugs shipped to my house after I left him in Altoid boxes. Lame.) So I left him and moved to my parents. Then, he convinced me that he was different and practicing Native American spirituality. I was naive enough to believe it.

He then came down, and the same day in July, I went into labor. July 5th, my daughter was born. No pain meds or anything. I had to turn down painkillers POSTLABOR in the hospital because I knew Tobey would take them from me. Win. He then proceeded to sleep all day and disappeared to snort pills and smoke when he wasn't sleeping. He told me the 2nd night in the hospital that I could get a few hours rest and he would watch Kiley. So, I went to sleep for a couple hours and woke up to her screaming and him flipping through TV channels.

Then, we brought her home. One night, he was so darn high that he was stumbling while he was holding her. I pretty much didn't leave him alone with her after that. Then, he went to jail for stealing that woman's money when she was about 2 weeks old. This was right after he told his ex that he still loved her and me that I should just be nice to him and then our relationship would work.

He got out of jail when Kiley was about 3 weeks old and came up to stay with me and finish my neighbor's house. He was CRAZY. I broke up with him while he was gone. I changed my facebook status to single. I was not interested and I thought he was disgusting. I had sex with him for the simple fact that he wouldn't leave me alone if I didn't let him. He acted like he was going to punch me in the face. I started to hate him. Then, I moved down to Kentucky and while we were moving, he was talking all this shit to my stepdad and he then proceeded to talk shit about him to me. I let him have it. Then, the next morning, he begged me to let him stay. I said absolutely not. He cried. I didn't give in. I was done.

He then spent the next 4 months calling me, trying to get me back. He hardly asked about Kiley at all. Then, he found a new girlfriend. At least that's what he said. I didn't hear from him for a couple weeks. Then, all of a sudden, texts galore. Then nothing. I haven't heard form him since.

Kiley is the ONLY good thing that came out of our relationship. She looks just like me! She is BEAUTIFUL! She is funny....she is EVERYTHING I ever wished for! Her dad's greatest gift to us is that he STOPPED CONTACTING US!!! I was tense a lot when he contacted me. He upset me a lot. That no longer happens. I got her last name legally changed to mine. I graduated school with her. She motivates me SO MUCH every day!!!!

My next entry will be about my using and drinking past. I need to get it out here....

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, Ramona. I believe that everything that happens to us--even the bad stuff--has a purpose and works for our good, if we let it.

    When we're drawn into destructive relationships, it's because there are things we need to learn from them. And you've learned everything you need to from this experience. My heart aches for what you went through. But God has blessed you with knowledge, wisdom, and most of all, beautiful Kiley.

    ReplyDelete