Thursday, March 8, 2012

News...

I find that when I write, I am more serene. So, I am going to make a habit of doing it more often. I want to be serene, anyways! Life is better with some serenity.

Serenity has always been a challenge for me...I am just naturally a nervous, excitable person. It's like I have ants crawling all over me all the time. Maybe it's my birth control. I don't know, I just know I have never had it easy there. Some people are just naturally calm and patient. Not me. I have to be moving all the time, which results in being tired all the time. Rather counter- productive if you ask me. I'm working on it, but I am learning that life, and sobriety especially, is a process.

I have been looking at my goals lately. When I was drinking, I had settled with the fact that I wanted to make a lot of money, and my goals were money based. I don't have the patience for that. I can't fake it to make money. I can't act heartless when I'm really not. I want to leave my children for a good reason, and sleep well at night. Apparently, women who work part time and take care of their kids part time are happiest. I think that would make me happy. For a long time, I thought a full time job and motherhood would be my calling. And it will. Eventually. But, while I am building my family, I like the part time work idea.

I want to go to law school....I have been making a plan to make that happen lately. I want to take the LSAT in October and be DONE with applying by February. If all goes as planned, I will be able to start in August 2013!!!!! I just have to figure out Kiley's and my money to support us and health insurance.....

Will write more later. I'm exhausted....

No comments:

Post a Comment