Sunday, September 9, 2012

Modern Life

So, I was informed recently that my blog post about why I am pro-choice made me sound selfish. Combing through it, I am unsure which part makes me sound selfish. The part where I say every child should be wanted? Or the part where I say that we shouldn't put children here who will only suffer unnecessarily? Or the part where I said that MOST foster children are emancipated homeless? Perhaps someone ought to clear that up for me. I am quite confused. I rather think that all those reasons are selfless and that the conservative idea that babies should live, but not have any other assistance if needed it quite selfish, that QUALITY of life is just as important as the existence of it. So sue me. If that makes ME selfish, so be it. I guess I am selfish.

I started school at University of Findlay on August 20. It wasn't quite what I thought it would be, and I am more tired than I thought I would be. I tried to take the sophomore and junior riding classes, and Steve (Brown, the instructor) told me on day 3 that he thought I would be better and would learn more in the Freshman class. That was a blow to my ego. It was a crushing blow, especially since just 2 years ago, I was good and ready. He said I could stay in the sophomore class, but it was just one thing too much for me. I know that I need to go back to basics, that is clear to me. I ride like a stiff board again. I am nervous (?). I don't really know why, but that tells me that going back to the basics would be a good thing. I have learned some things, for sure, and feel more comfortable than I felt when I was trying to ride with the sophomores and juniors. I might get my associates, or I might get another bachelors on a part time basis. I have enough credits for it, but I would just need to see how that would work with financial aid.

I also have some ideas for internships/apprenticeships. One would be with Jordan, a barrel racer in Utica and Sunbury. One with Sherry in Sunbury, one with Patrick in Sunbury, and one with Mike Craig in Indiana. Or all of them. There are some things I like about all of them. Patrick, I know, is a world champion Reiner. I could learn something from them all. Sherry taught me to properly lunge Kandi, and she is real into Clinton Andersen Natural Horsemanship, which I have seen work. Here is his website. She's calmer than Patrick, which I am definitely more laid back as well. Plus, she doesn't let her ego get in the way- she will let you know if she does not know something. Also, I may show Kandi this Spring, if I have the funds. This means I have to find a job, and this time I want to look for one that I might truly enjoy. One from home might be nice....That would be nice, not having to take out as much money for living expenses....

Also, I am in an Intro to Law class, which is fascinating. I don't know if I want to go into Law or not, but it is certainly an interesting field to study, and I would love to study it more. Also, I have recently become interested in Transportation, specifically RVs and horse trailers. I don't know anything about them, but they are interesting. I think I should just become an entrepreneur. I have so many business interests and I don't like to sit there at a computer....

No comments:

Post a Comment