Friday, September 14, 2012

Muse

My muse is hiding. I have tried to post entertaining stuff on here in the past, and it simply has not worked. I used to be able to write very entertaining things, then I got hardcore into drinking and have been in recovery for over three years but...my stuff here lately has not been so entertaining. The only logical explanation that I can come up with is that my muse must be hiding from me.... and I cannot find her/him/it. It's on the tip of my tongue, but I just cannot find the words. I have so much STUFF running through my head day in and day out. It's like cars traveling at a fast speed on a highway and I cannot get it to hold still long enough to write about it, which is too bad, because I LOVE to write.

Speaking of that car.... it not only is going fast, but it is doing all kinds of loops and spins and rolls. It is a mess, with dents and scratches all over, much like my brain....The only way to get it out of this funk is to force it out. Write. I'll write about Kiley below.



Here is Kiley on her 2nd birthday. All kinds of happy! She was riding her new tricycle in her helmet and fairy costume. All birthday presents, other than the helmet. She loves them! She also likes putting on lipstick, which she was given by my friends, Marilyn and Genna, for her birthday! She is so beautiful, which is surprising, seeing as neither her father or I are exactly beautiful. Decent looking, yes. Beautiful, no. Am I putting me down? No, but I am honest about myself. I am beautiful on the inside today, some days more than others. But, I make beautiful children, and she is a perfect example! She loves riding Kandi (my horse) and playing with dolls. And I love HER! When she was born, I never could have imagined how much, but she breaks the mold every day, makes my heart swell with pride, and teaches me what life is REALLY all about.

Oh, muse, come back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe your muse is working just fine. The whole idea of being inspired is to write what comes to you. Maybe your muse doesn't have "entertaining" things to say right now. Maybe instead she has reflective, insightful things to say, like what you wrote above.

    My muse only comes to me when I set aside some time for her. Like you did when you wrote this post.

    ReplyDelete